Spring

Monday, June 02, 2008

Taiwan Grad Trip Day 2

We woke up quite early and had MacDonald's breakfast before heading to 阳明山. I had sausage Mc-Muffin with egg but it tasted different from that in Singapore. The pork meat patty tasted a bit sour??
.
After that we waited for Bus 260 which was about 45 min late.
.

The air pollution there quite bad hor?

Hahaha.. Now the pollution is gone! LOL.

Besides the long wait for 260, we were not too lucky that day because we alighted at the wrong stop. Yu Ting's dad instruction was to alight after we see 7 Eleven and Starbucks which are supposed to be next to each other but there are actually two 7 Eleven + Starbucks along the way. Haha.
.
After we reached the bus terminal, we had to climb up to the Visitor Centre to take another bus. The auntie whom we asked made us feel better by saying that it was only very near and there are nice flowers planted along the way. "你们随便哈喇几下就到了啦。" was what she told Wei Ming.
.
The directory further assurred us that it was supposed to be a 500m walk. But in the end it was definitely longer than 500m! Maybe 500m refers to the height we need to climb? But that sounds a bit too fierce. LOL. No idea.


This place is a bit like MacRitchie.. but thankfully with cooling air.
.
After a morning of waiting and travelling..... Here we are!
.
.
While we are enjoying the scenary, somebody 变成仙了!!



Errrr.. I think the 仙人 siao 去 already. Hahaha.





Wei Ming also weird weird one. He saw this lying on the floor and picked it up before requesting for a photograph. LOL. He dont even know how it taste like.



While waiting for the shuttle bus to proceed downhill, 仙人 transformed itself into a hip-hop lover....

Guess what 仙人 is trying to do?

Next, we went to 淡水 where many of us were given a new look. Haha.
.

Spot the difference!
.

1) Sok and I: New cap! Same design but different colour :)
Actually we saw this design at 西门町 the day before and 不约而同 think that it is nice! We only realised we both 看上 the same desgin when we were on our way to the station and we screamed/shouted for the coincidence of good taste. HAHA.

2) Jiarong: Neo-looking shades. Nice! (I mean the shades. LOL.)
.
3) Wei Ming: Ah Mud-looking shades + Cap. Blends with his outfit. Hahaha. =P But looks nice too!

After that, we went to this school...

...where The Secret was filmed
.
While we were there, there was a tour group around too. Haha..

After that, we went to 渔人码头. When I first saw the bridge, I found it a bit familiar. But then again, it cant be familiar to me because I have never been to Taiwan before. Only when I came back to Singapore then I realised that... This is Fabian's msn pic! With him and JJ inside of course. Lol.
.

We didnt really explore other parts of 渔人码头. But it seemed like there was nothing much anyway.

As we didnt have a proper lunch, the salivary glands were especially excited when we arrived at the renowned 豪大大鸡排 stall at 士林夜市。(Dont know why I kept calling it as 鸡扒. Haha. The person purposely read out the 排 very loudly when the order was repeated. I was a bit pai seh. Lol.)


The gay couple. LOL.

After touring for a round, we decided to eat this hot plate western food which immediately reminded me of Burnz at Canteen 14.
.
Wei Ming treated us 蚝煎 but it didnt taste very nice with the sauce. We still prefer those with chilli in Singapore. Haha.

After dinner, the guys entertained themselves with this mahjong game while we were shopping at a few stalls aways. To win, one has to fill up a row or column with the tiles chosen. Jiarong mentioned that there is a difference in probability of selection the tiles one by one, as compared to selecting them altogether. Honestly I still dont understand why there is a difference but I trust his analytical brain. Haha.


We played other games too. This is the game Kenzo played in Proposal Daisakusen but I forgot the name already. Maybe Buddy #2 can help me at the tagboard again? LOL.

We were lucky to have met these vendors on that day because when Yu Ting, Mei Xuan and Kim went back on Day 6, the stalls were gone!

Does Wei Ming look very shy in this pic? Haha.. Thanks for being so brave.


We took pictures with the friendly staff! She even asked us to change S$2 with her. Haha..

Out of all the 夜市s,I like 士林夜市 the most! Not only does it have good food and interesting games, it is also a very nice place to shop! Somehow I find it nicer to shop than 五分埔 I dont know why. Haha. Unfortunately it is also the place where I 恍然大悟 how come someone kept asking me to sing 痴痴为你等。Haiz. 我很 sad leh..

After the long day, we went back to 西门町. Most of the shops were closed by then.


Oops I kop-ed this photo from Jianning's facebook without permission =P

Interestingly, at 2 parts of 西门町 there were filming in progress. One place weas filled with many guys (more than 50?) in black suits. They looked like they were going to have some high-class fight soon? Lol. About 100 metres aways, there is this white car with 仔仔 and another good-looking guy in it. Haha.

We stood by the side to watch that good-looking guy drive about 3-4 metres back and forth for about 5 times? LOL.

He looked as 犹豫 as ever.. Too bad it wasnt Kun Da or else Cheng Ling would have lost. Hahaha..


posted at 12:13 pm.


Friends

Tag-Board

Archive