Today I went for an interview at Bank D.
Bank D is situated at the same buliding as Bank C.
When I arrived at the lobby, everything seems to be so familiar.
The friendly staff at the reception, the lifts, the security guards in suits...
While waiting for the lift, I started recalling the days when I worked in Bank C...
I arrived at Level 17.
Nicest interior design which I have ever seen.
Everyone was in suits. Wow.
Friendly HR manager approached me.
She directed me to a very comfortable sofa.
The seaview looks exactly the same than what I could see during my internship.
Yet the environment within the office is so different now.
HR Manager checked with her colleagues and told me that the interview will begin in 7 minutes. Wow.
As I opened the door, I saw 2 interviewers.
One Chinese, one Ang Moh.
I thought I'd probably have a hard time understanding what he was trying to say.
But it was not as bad as I thought, after all.
His first question was a typical question I hear in Bank C everyday.
Sometimes more than once a day.
"How are you?"
The entire interview lasted for about 30 minutes.
I tried my best not to cough.
I was not nervous... I dont know why.
I was actually enjoying myself as the interviewers were very friendly and patient.
We talked about many things...
From CCAs to job experience to daily projects in school.
He even asked me about free-rider problems.
Hence I quoted the 202 incident and the 3 of us were trying to examine where the problem lies. (Thank you, Danielle)
As I answered the questions, I felt like slapping myself for not being able to make simple, complete sentence. I really need to improve on my English.
Like what I have told Sharon, I made a FATAL error in the interview.
To summarise, I told them that after the internship at Bank C, I kinda realise that the nature of this job is boring after some time. Not using these exact words though.
A few hours later, I received an email:
Dear Si Yun,
Thank you for attending the Finance Analyst Training Programme interview with Bank D.
The standard of candidates applying to the Bank this year has been of an exceptionally high caliber and it has been a difficult task for the interviewers to shortlist for the final rounds of interviews. We regret to inform you that we have decided not to progress your candidacy. Competition for places this year has been higher than before, so this decision should in no way be viewed as a reflection on your own undoubted abilities and skills.
Bank D, thank you for giving me the chance to learn from this interview. I can better understand why you have been consecutively voted the best Investment Bank in Europe now. Hope that I will have the chance to step into your beautiful office again. =)
(I didnt reply this)
Meanwhile, thank you SHARON for travelling all the way from Parkway to meet me at the very last minute. All the best for your driving test! :) Melissa, sorry for disrupting your date with Sharon. Lol.
posted at 11:30 pm.