Spring

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Many things revolve around expectations...

When the performance of shares don't meet the expectations of the Analysts, the share price is likely to drop.
When the performance of shares exceeded the expectations of the Analysts, the share price is likely to increase.
When you expect something positive to happen, you are likely to be disappointed when it doesn't.
When you expert something negative to happen, you are likely to be glad/happy/overjoyed when it doesn't.

There are too many external factors which we cant control. But we can set our own expectations about things around us.

Moral of the "story": Aim high but expect a less favourable outcome. In this way, you push yourself to the limits but wont be too upset/demoralised when things dont go your way.

If you think that all these are nonsense, I think you are right. Hahaha.. All these are unlikely to be applicable to 99.9% of the population. Only those who experience 力不从心 can fully understand.

Have you guessed correctly what I wanted to complain?

Lol.

Anyway, have you experienced this before?
1) In a test with 20MCQs, you only managed to complete 10 Qns and had to shade alphabets you like for the other 10.
2) Pressed the buttons on a calculator while treating them as the key pad on your mobile phone(during a test)
3) Not being able to stop your fingers from vibrating even though you have been taking tests for almost all your life?
4) Waste more time by trying to calm yourself down and waste even more time to be mad at yourself when you fail to do so.

Anyway, I was just wondering about this wonder.
When people say.... "I've tried my best"
How do they know it's their best?
It's an irony. On one hand, you want to give credit to yourself for the effort you've put in. On the other hand, you feel that it's a shame to regard that as your "best".

Ok, if you're lost or you don't understand what I am writing, I think it's perfectly normal, really.
Just be happy for me that the all these will end in less than 365 days.

Time to sleep.


posted at 2:09 am.


Friends

Tag-Board

Archive