Bishan Park is only a few steps away from my house. Yet, I have never jogged there before. All thanks to the weekly talk for interns. I managed to reach home before 7pm today. On my way home, I decided to test if my sweat glands were still working ever since PA started.
As I jogged, many thoughts came across my mind. I thought about the conversation I had with Bernard at the lobby today. He was waiting for Shu Xian and I was waiting for Teow. Basically we discussed about the different career options which most Accountancy students would choose. We talked about the trade-offs between remuneration and job satisfaction. He was very sure what he wants. In contrast, I can be "determined "to work in a bank this week and be very keen to work as an Auditor in another week.
What exactly excites me?
Higher pay, relatively shorter working hours = more sleeping hours, office-based, repetitive work or...
Lower starting pay, significantly LONGER working hours = worse complexion, dark eye circles etc, work that is more relevant to Accountancy, more challenging, comprehensive training..
For now, I vote for Audit.
posted at 11:35 pm.